Wednesday, December 9, 2015

BA in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing

This summer I decided to go back to school and earn another BA. This time, a BA in English with a concentration in creative writing. I applied to Southeastern Louisiana University, in Hammond, LA, and I was accepted. Due to finances, I can only take one or two classes per semester.  I took one this fall semester.

Because I started so late in the application process, I had to take whatever class was available.  What was available was English 372 Creative Writing.  Perfect!!!  Just what I wanted. A writing class. It has been a very good class.  I have learned a lot, read a lot and wrote a lot.

Fall classes ended last week, and this week is finals week.  My class final is tomorrow.  I'm praying I do well.  I am aiming for an A in the class.  One girl could care less.  She'll take whatever she gets, and if she has to redo the class, oh well.  No big deal.  No big deal? I don't believe it. I'm so glad I'm not only an adult, but a grown-up and know the difference.

I will, over the next month, write about the class and what I learned and what I did.

We read short stories and flash fictions out of The Story and Its Writer.  Some of the stories were really good such as A Rose for Miss Emily and others that were just awful (my opinion) such as Girl.  As we read how short stories are done and what can be done with a short story we learn what we can do.

There is plenty more to write and I will continue to tell you, I hope you enjoy it.

Please follow my post and follow my journey as I earn my BA.

No comments:

Post a Comment